The Village Government consists of five elected Trustees with off setting terms of four years. During every December Board meeting the Board reorganizes and the Trustees elect a Village Chair from among themselves.
There are several advising sub-boards to the Village Board: Planning Commission, Health Board, Park Board, Tree Board, Library Board, Cemetery Board, Pilger Housing Rehabilitation Board, Pilger/Wisner/Beemer Joint Housing Rehabilitation Board. The members of these boards are appointed by the Village Board as needed. Date, times, and locations of boards which meet monthly are listed below. The remaining boards meet as situations warrant.
Monthly Board Meeting Dates
- Village Board of Trustees
2nd Monday of the Month at 7:00 p.m.
in the Village Clerk’s Office
- Village Planning Commission
1st Tuesday of the month at 7:30 p.m.
in the Village Clerk’s Office
- Pilger Library Board
1st Wednesday of the month
at 7:00 p.m.
in the Pilger Library
Monthly Utility Rates (As of February 2009)
base rate of $22.09, plus
$2.20 per 1,000 gallons of usage
base rate of $26.71, plus
$3.21 per 1,000 gallons of water use based upon the average usage of the three months comprising January, February, and March
$15.46 for one resident
$18.77 for two residents
$22.09 for three or more
Commercial rates vary depending on size of containers or use of dumpsters
Electric in the Village of Pilger is provided by Stanton County Public Power District. They can be contacted at
Natural gas in the Village of Pilger is provided by Black Hills Energy. They can be contacted at
Cable & Internet
Cable and internet service in the Village of Pilger are provided by Cable One. They can be contacted at
Misc Info & Fees
- Dog licenses are due every May 1st. Owner must present proof of rabies vaccination at time of licensing. Cost is $10.00.
- Owners of Licensed Dogs who are impounded must pay a $10.00 impound fee plus $5.00 for each day impounded.
- Burial lots in the Pilger Cemetery located ½ mile north of Pilger can be purchased through the Village office. Prices range from $300 - $400 depending on cemetery section selected.
- The Village of Pilger does have zoning regulations. Before starting any construction contact the Village Office for a zoning permit application. After the application is returned to the office it will be reviewed by the Planning Commission for their recommendation to the Village Board. The Village Board then approves or denies the permit. Cost of the zoning permit application is $25.00.
- A majority of the Village of Pilger is located in the Special Flood Hazard Area (SFHA) as determined by the Federal Emergency Management Agency. It is highly recommended that buildings located within the SFHA purchase flood insurance. Further information on flood insurance can be found at National Flood Insurance Program. Elevation of the Elkhorn River located to the South of Pilger can be monitored at the Elkhorn River Elevation at Pilger.