Live updates on finances, taxes and payments in the United States: monthly check for $2,753, tax deadline 2022, gas stimulus check…
Financial News Headlines | Wednesday April 13
– NYC set to launch program which will provide payments of up to $1,000 to new mothers per month
– President Biden announces waiver allowing the sale of E15 gasoline during the summer to meet high gas prices
– The California Assembly is proposing a new bill that would introduce a four-day work week in the Golden State
– IRS tax refunds up 11.5% compared to 2021, on average at $3,226 per beneficiary
– The average price of gasoline in the United States falls to $4,083 per gallon
– The Federal Reserve raises mortgage interest rates to 5% for the year
– House prices increased by an average of 18% on 2021 – What is a housing bubble?
– Changes to Social Security payments could mean a monthly check of $2,753 for some households
– Connecticut, Georgia, and Maryland have all suspended national fuel taxes in response to high petrol prices
– Social security benefits lost 32% of their purchasing power since 2000which organizations are pushing for reform?
Useful information and links
Tax return deadline: Monday, April 18, 2022
– Need to request an extension?Here is our guide.
– Everything you need to know about the Earned income tax credit.
– What are the eligibility conditions for registering with SNAP.
– Social Security Disability Insurance: An overview of how the program varies by state.